Protecting your future is our top priority
Protecting your real estate license should be your top priority if you are charged with a crime. As your attorneys we make it our priority as well. Even after a criminal case has concluded the Real Estate Licensing Board can take disciplinary action, and even revoke your license for certain crimes. If you have been arrested or accused of a crime, please contact us immediately to find out how we can help you achieve the best results possible.
How a criminal conviction affects a Florida real estate license
Grounds for discipline or investigation by the Real Estate License Board include the following:
- Being convicted or found guilty of, or entering a plea of guilty or nolo contendere to, regardless of adjudication, a crime in any jurisdiction which relates to the practice of, or the ability to practice, a licensee’s profession.
- Using a Class III or a Class IV laser device or product, as defined by federal regulations, without having complied with the rules adopted pursuant to s. 501.122(2) governing the registration of such devices.
- Failing to comply with the educational course requirements for domestic violence.
- Failing to report in writing to the board or, if there is no board, to the department within 30 days after the licensee is convicted or found guilty of, or entered a plea of nolo contendere or guilty to, regardless of adjudication, a crime in any jurisdiction. A licensee must report a conviction, finding of guilt, plea, or adjudication entered before the effective date of this paragraph within 30 days after the effective date of this paragraph.
- Termination from a treatment program for impaired practitioners as described in s. 456.076 for failure to comply, without good cause, with the terms of the monitoring or treatment contract entered into by the licensee or failing to successfully complete a drug or alcohol treatment program.
If you hold a real estate license and are facing a criminal charge contact us immediately. Protecting your future is our top priority. Contact us and let us start working for you today.